Minimalist Notification Service
Minos is a lightweight, portable implementation of the
written in C++. It is not a full implementation of the service specification, but implements an essential subset
of its interfaces and a few useful QoS properties.
Minos' major design goals were simplicity and portability. It focuses on a fast and reliable event delivery,
whereas sophisticated event filtering was considered to be unimportant.
Here's a short and certainly incomplete list of things that are supported
and those that are missing (and may never be implemented):
- Minos implements push and pull style proxy suppliers
- It implements only push style proxy consumers
- It does not implement any of the filter interfaces
- ConsumerAdmin does not support NotifySubscribe, i.e. subscription changes can only be made on proxy suppliers
- SupplierAdmin does not support NotifyPublish, i.e. offer changes can only be made on proxy consumers
- Minos supports the following QoS properties on a per-proxy basis:
- It also supports these QoS properties on a per-event basis:
- Minos supports corbaloc for its EventChannelFactory object ("corbaloc:iiop:<host>:<port>/NotificationService")
- The service can be built on 32-bit Windows or Linux with the following ORBs:
Please see README.win32 or README.unix in the top-level directory to get instructions for building and running Minos.
Minos is hosted at SourceForge.
See the project summary page
or download files.
To get help with using Minos, subscribe to the mailing list.